Cytoscape 3 Mini Retreat 2012
Place and time
Thursday, February 23 2011 - 9am-5pm in San Diego (Ideker Lab, La Jolla)
We will be in room 273 of the Medical Teaching Facility on the main UCSD campus.
Determine what work remains for the 3.0 release.
- Session API/implementation; i.e. does the existing implementation allow us to support future extensions (e.g. groups, multiple network views) without breaking API?
- API changes necessary for 3.0 in order to support multiple rendering engines in 3.1 without breaking API.
- Cytoscape App Manager integration with App Store.
- Decide which layout algorithms to keep/remove for 3.0.
- Complete GUI/UI review with team to identify missing features
Complete public API review. For each public API, assess stability and decide if we need to test it further (e.g. do we need to test the session API more by implementing multiple rendering engines and more CyGroup code)
Presentation layer review: future multiple renderer support Background/Proposal
- How will Apps work in 3.0?
Github vs. SourceForge?
- Establish a release schedule for 3.0
Lunch agenda items
- Main retreat—where? when?
- Discuss testing restore of Cytoscape developer websites (e.g. code.cytoscape.org, wiki.cytoscape.org) from Amazon Cloud in non-Toronto locations.